Archdale police chief retiring | News
ARCHDALE, N.C. — Archdale Police Chief Darrell Gibbs will reportedly retire at the end of the week.
The High Point Enterprise reports Gibbs, 55, will retire Friday. He has been with the department fore 29 years and ten months.
“Darrell has a long tenure here and has served the city and its citizens with integrity and class,” city manager Jerry Yarborough tells the Enterprise.
Gibbs tells the paper he wants to “venture out and do some other things.” He recently purchased a home on Lake Tillery, where he plans to spend some time immediately after his retirement, he said.
Read more: HPE.com
Upcoming Events near High Point
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Closing arguments in case of bus stop accident that killed 11-year-old
- It’s official: Winston-Salem is ‘City of Arts and Innovation’
- Winston-Salem City Council will support extending NC film tax credit
- School bus stopped for 20 seconds before red lights turned on, defense expert says
- School of the Arts dance concert revisits ‘The Rite of Spring’